Sometimes things are just so right and natural that they come easy. Like the theme for this week’s podcast, “Growth”. We know firsthand how Max Branstetter, founder of the newly launched MaxPodcasting, can help businesses grow. His guidance as podcast producer has been invaluable in the development of our own podcast. And he has helped countless more with his own aptly named podcast, Wild Business Growth Podcast, which is focused on helping entrepreneurs achieve spectacular results. We flipped the tables on him and brought him in front of the mic to share his expertise on this week’s Happy Marketer Connection episode.
Listeners are in for a treat as Max knows how to give a good podcast. For those considering starting a podcast to promote their business, or struggling with an existing podcast, this is a can’t miss episode. Hear how to start a professional-sounding podcast, use your podcast as a marketing tool, find guests for your podcast, tips for hosting and producing a podcast, and Max’s personal favorite episodes of the Wild Business Growth Podcast.
To listen on Apple Podcasts click here.
To listen on Spotify click here.
- [0:12] Sue Frech, Happy Marketer Connection, Vesta
- [0:50] Max Branstetter, Founder and Podcast Producer at MaxPodcasting
- Sue Frech interviewing Max Branstetter on GROWTH
- [1:42] Wild Business Growth Podcast
- [2:38] Why did Max launch his podcast production company, MaxPodcasting?
- [2:51] Hippo Direct
- [3:27] Marketing
- [4:18] Icebreaker: What is Max’s favorite show to watch?
- [4:45] Pandemic
- [5:05] The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Shameless, The Wire, Netflix, HBO
- [5:36] Icebreaker: What is Max’s favorite food and drink?
- [6:02] IPA (India Pale Ale)
- [6:14] Breckenridge Brewery
- [6:21] Icebreaker: What is Max’s favorite podcast to listen to?
- [6:39] Happy Marketer Connection, The Tim Ferriss Show
- [7:33] Terry Crews on The Tim Ferriss Show
- [7:52] Icebreaker: What is Max’s favorite podcast guest on the Wild Business Growth Podcast?
- [8:12] Sue Frech, Susan Bennett (Siri)
- [8:37] IU (Indiana University), Will Shortz, Enigmatology, The New York Times
- [9:04] Greg Branstetter (Max’s dad), JoAnn Branstetter (Max’s mom), Family Business
- [9:48] Why did Max switch from Brand Management at Henkel (Sun Products) to joining Hippo Direct and starting the Wild Business Growth Podcast?
- [10:50] Road Trippin’, Cleveland Cavs, Richard Jefferson, Channing Frye, Snapchat, Allie Clifton
- [11:36] Aha moment
- [12:21] NBA (National Basketball Association)
- [13:09] Mailing lists and Email lists from Hippo Direct
- [14:04] Business Owners
- [14:17] How did Max learn how to produce podcasts?
- [15:06] Mentors
- [15:18] Podcast Movement
- [15:36] The Kolbe Test
- [16:01] How did Max start MaxPodcasting?
- [16:33] Direct Mail and Email Marketing from Hippo Direct
- [17:32] HippoDirect.com
- [18:19] Social Media
- [18:36] Who is Max’s ideal podcasting client?
- [18:49] Customer Avatar
- [19:14] Laundry Money
- [19:52] Podcast Editing
- [19:56] The 3Ps of Podcasting: Podcast Planning, Podcast Production, and Podcast Promotion
- [21:03] How many hours should you spend launching your podcast?
- [21:09] 10,000 Hours
- [21:29] Max’s recommended podcast mic: ATR2100x-USB
- [22:32] Apple Podcasts, Spotify
- [24:40] How do you find podcast guests for your show?
- [25:00] Brendan O’Marra
- [25:37] Twitter, Voice Messages on Instagram DMs, LinkedIn
- [27:01] Entrepreneur
- [27:22] Sarah Hannington, MyCustomCandy, Kim Kardashian, The Rolling Stones
- [27:41] Kevin Lane, Create A Castle
- [28:48] Rich Content
- [29:16] Who would Max love to have as a guest on the Wild Business Growth Podcast?
- [29:37] Tim Ferriss, GaryVee (Gary Vaynerchuk), Anthony Bourdain, Albert Einstein, Renaissance Era
- [31:23] Community powered marketing delivers a new world of sales growth. Learn more at Vesta-Go.com
- [32:01] What advice does Max have for anybody who currently has a podcast?
- [33:15] Networking
- [33:57] CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
- [34:11] What fun and funny stories does Max have to share?
- [35:27] Episode 100 Special, Drew Davis
- [36:08] NASA, Kennedy Space Center (KSC)
- [36:36] NASA Crawler-Transporters
- [37:30] SpaceX, Blue Origin
- [37:39] Max’s pictures from the behind-the-scenes NASA tour
- [39:45] Thank you for listening! Subscribe to Happy Marketing Connection on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and more
- [40:04] Connect with Sue on LinkedIn or Twitter at @SueFrech, and Vesta-Go.com
- Theme Song: Hello (Extended Version) – Paul Werner – provided by Jamendo
About the Happy Marketer Connection Podcast
Max Branstetter, Founder and Podcast Producer, MaxPodcasting
Max Branstetter is a Podcast Pro. After leaving his Corporate job to work on digital marketing for a family business, he discovered his love for podcasting and the podcasting industry. After founding MaxPodcasting, he now spends his days producing professional podcasts for entrepreneurs and storytellers.
Host: Sue Frech, Founder and CEO, Vesta
Sue has spent her career redefining digital marketing in brand and retail marketing, Martech, and advertising, at brands such as Kraft and Glaxo-SmithKline. She is committed to creating fellow Happy Marketers through Vesta’s all-in-one online community building software, transforming the relationships between brands and consumers with Community Powered Marketing.