Emma Isaacs believes in you. She knows that you can overcome that challenge, do the things that scare you, and reach the next level. You just have to be willing to take the leap and “wing it”.
Emma, the Founder and CEO of Business Chicks, coaches and inspires over 500,000 entrepreneurs and businesswomen around the globe to stop over-preparing and underestimating and to be fearless in following their dreams. This episode of Happy Marketer Connection is THE ONE for professionals who have trouble letting go of control and their fears, as Emma issues the call to forget perfectionism and start “Winging It”.
Hear the importance of becoming an expert at failing, the whys and ways to avoid overplanning, how to pivot and pivot again, create an organization that inspires, and how Emma has grown her business while raising a “half dozen” kids.
To listen on Apple Podcasts click here.
To listen on Spotify click here.
- [0:16] Sue Frech, Happy Marketer Connection, Vesta
- [0:41] Emma Isaacs, Founder and Global CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Business Chicks
- Sue Frech interviewing Emma Isaacs on WINGING IT
- [1:47] Entrepreneur
- [2:10] Winging It by Emma Isaacs
- [2:19] Icebreaker: What gets Emma up in the morning?
- [3:16] What is the mission of Business Chicks?
- [4:06] Alpha-Entrepreneur
- [4:14] Marketing, Customer Service, Small Business, Recruiting
- [4:43] Company Culture, Brand, Entrepreneurial Itch
- [4:58] Networking
- [6:06] Event Marketing, Membership Organization
- [6:34] Revenue Streams, Paid Subscription Model
- [6:40] COVID-19
- [6:48] Sir Richard Branson, Arianna Huffington, Sarah Jessica Parker, Brené Brown, Seth Godin
- [7:08] Digital Marketing
- [7:33] Who should join Business Chicks?
- [7:55] Demographics vs. Psychographics
- [8:57] Entrepreneurial Spirit
- [9:28] How old are Emma’s half dozen kids?
- [9:47] How does she achieve work-life balance?
- [12:56] What is Winging It about?
- [13:30] Mentors
- [13:58] Self-Confidence
- [15:37] How does Emma approach failure?
- [17:41] Pivoting
- [17:59] Community Powered Marketing delivers a new world of sales growth. Learn more at Vesta-Go.com
- [18:20] How has Emma pivoted her business?
- [19:16] Finances, Cash Flow
- [19:48] Live Events, Pandemic
- [20:14] Early Adopters
- [20:24] Technology (Tech)
- [23:16] Podcast
- [23:47] What resources do you get when you join Business Chicks?
- [24:28] Business Owners
- [25:37] Customers
- [26:13] Knowledge and Study Tour, Disney, Disneyland, Necker Island
- [26:47] Copy, Logo
- [27:07] What positive story does Emma have to share?
- [27:53] Diane von Fürstenberg (DVF)
- [28:23] Emcee
- [29:20] How do you become a member of Business Chicks?
- [29:34] What final thoughts does Emma have?
- [29:54] Connect with Emma on Instagram at @BusinessChicks and @EmmaIsaacs, and at EmmaIsaacs.com
- [30:41] Thank you for listening! Subscribe to Happy Marketing Connection on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and more
- [31:04] Connect with Sue on LinkedIn or Twitter at @SueFrech, and Vesta-Go.com
- Theme Song: Hello (Extended Version) – Paul Werner – provided by Jamendo
About the Happy Marketer Connection Podcast
Emma Issacs, CEO, Business Chicks
An expert at “Winging it”, Emma is the Founder and Global CEO of Business Chicks, an Amazon Best Selling Author, and a Mother of six children. For 15 years, she’s coached and inspired over 500,000 entrepreneurs and businesswomen around the globe to overcome their challenges and be fearless in the pursuit of their dreams.
Host: Sue Frech, Founder and CEO, Vesta
Sue has spent her career redefining digital marketing in brand and retail marketing, Martech, and advertising, at brands such as Kraft and Glaxo-SmithKline. She is committed to creating fellow Happy Marketers through Vesta’s all-in-one online community building software, transforming the relationships between brands and consumers with Community Powered Marketing.