It’s not about cashing in, but about having sustainability and growth. That’s the mission driving Jay Wong, Founder of Podcast Your Brand, to help business leaders and marketers realize the potential of podcasting. You see, Jay believes in the power of podcasts as he’s seen it help his own business thrive. And on this episode of the Happy Marketer Connection, he shares how to take podcasts beyond marketing and branding to help businesses get massive ROI and create lasting momentum.
Happy Marketer Connection Episode 28
Jay Wong, Founder at Podcast Your Brand
Theme “Progress Over Perfection”
Hear how to decide the theme of your podcast, whether a podcast is right for your brand, how to build a community with your podcast, the triangle effect from a strong podcast, email list, and private group, and how Jay takes an agency approach to podcasting.
- [0:18] Sue Frech, Happy Marketer Connection, Vesta
- [0:41] Jay Wong, Founder of Podcast Your Brand
- Sue Frech interviewing Jay Wong on PROGRESS OVER PERFECTION
- [1:44] Podcasting
- [2:07] What is Jay’s background?
- [2:23] Podcasts, ROI (Return on Investment)
- [2:58] Agency Model, Digital Marketing, Internet Marketing
- [3:32] Dynamic Ads
- [3:48] How does Jay bring success to his clients?
- [4:29] Agency, Software
- [4:52] Lead Generation
- [4:56] What does Jay guarantee for podcast clients?
- [5:12] Spotify
- [5:26] Community, Retention, LTV (Lifetime Value), SaaS (Software as a Service)
- [5:51] P&G (Procter & Gamble)
- [6:08] Subscribers, Downloads
- [6:24] Middle Funnel, Direct Response
- [7:12] Why shouldn’t you start a podcast just to start a podcast?
- [7:21] Triangle Effect: Podcast, Email List, Private Group
- [7:44] Influencers, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube
- [8:32] Business Owners, Speakers
- [8:54] Global Pandemic
- [10:32] Franchisees
- [11:15] Live Webinar
- [11:29] Pinterest, Twitter
- [11:47] What Call-to-Action (CTA) should you use?
- [12:07] Content Creators
- [12:31] Consulting
- [12:38] The New York Times Best Sellers
- [13:20] The Hamster Wheel of Podcast Creation
- [14:31] How do you get feedback on your podcast content?
- [16:21] Consumption Rate
- [17:42] Engagement, KPI (Key Performance Indicator)
- [18:05] What has led to Jay’s success?
- [19:05] Lifestyle Business
- [19:56] CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
- [20:20] Sales Pitch
- [20:54] Internet Radio, Brand Manager, Marketing
- [21:39] Branding, Customers
- [22:31] Why is it Progress over Perfection?
- [22:52] How much does Jay coach clients on their overall business strategy?
- [23:14] Machine Learning Native Ads
- [23:34] Editing
- [23:50] 99designs, Upwork, Fiverr, Sound Design, Transcripts
- [24:11] AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- [25:06] Marketing Channel
- [25:29] Community powered marketing delivers a new world of sales growth. Learn more at Vesta-Go.com
- [25:51] How do you build out your podcast brand?
- [26:52] Audience
- [27:08] Social Media, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime
- [28:28] Blog
- [29:01] Where did The Inner Changemaker podcast come from?
- [30:21] The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, Morning Pages
- [32:31] What positive story does Jay have to share?
- [35:56] Employees
- [36:34] What final thoughts does Jay have?
- [37:22] True Crime Podcasts, Celebrity Podcasts
- [38:41] Network
- [39:22] Video Chat, Zoom
- [39:33] Connect with Jay at DoneForYouPodcast.co and on Instagram at @TheJayWong
- [40:49] Thank you for listening! Subscribe to Happy Marketing Connection on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and more
- [40:57] Connect with Sue on LinkedIn or Twitter at @SueFrech, and Vesta-Go.com
- Theme Song: Hello (Extended Version) – Paul Werner – provided by Jamendo
Get More Happy Marketer Connection
Interested in hearing more about podcasting? We recommend checking out Episode 14 with Max Branstetter, Founder of MaxPodcasting on Growth. And access all of the Happy Marketer Connection on Apple Podcasts.
About the Happy Marketer Connection Podcast
Welcome to Happy Marketer Connection. Marketers know it’s the connections we make – between ideas, people, and brands – that make all the difference. Each week, Happy Marketer Connection invites you to connect with our Co-Founder and CEO Sue Frech, Martech pioneer, and unfailing optimist, as she and her fellow passionate marketers explore engaging and inventive marketing strategies and toast brands making impactful consumer connections.