As you look to the year ahead, how can you ensure success in your business and life? Ken Lempit believes that “Business Manifestation” is the key. He shares the ways to manifest success and grow your business in 2021 on this episode of Happy Marketer Connection podcast.
Happy Marketer Connection Episode 30
Ken Lempit, President and Chief Business Builder at Austin Lawrence Group
Theme “Business Manifestation”
Hear how to manifest success in your business and life, lower your churn rate, the most common mistakes CEOs make, how to grow as a SaaS company, and Ken’s transition from the corporate world to his family business.
Thank you for listening to Happy Marketer Connection! Stay tuned for our new podcast which will focus on Community Powered Marketing – coming in Q1 2021.
- [0:16] Sue Frech, Happy Marketer Connection, Vesta
- [0:59] Ken Lempit, President of Austin Lawrence Group
- [1:34] Thank you for listening to Happy Marketer Connection! Stay tuned for our new podcast which will focus on Community Powered Marketing – coming in Q1 2021
- Sue Frech interviewing Ken Lempit on BUSINESS MANIFESTATION
- [2:43] Business Manifestation
- [2:52] What is Ken’s background?
- [2:57] Marketing, Citicorp, IBM, Family Business, B2B Advertising Agency (Business-to-Business)
- [3:14] Programmer
- [3:35] Content Marketing, Software as a Service (SaaS)
- [3:56] Was Ken’s business always focused on SaaS?
- [4:55] At what stage would a business work with him?
- [5:10] Churn, Sales
- [5:58] Venture Capital (VC), Funding, Entrepreneurs
- [7:07] Pandemic
- [7:35] How much should you look at revenue churn?
- [9:00] Investors
- [9:20] Product Management, Operations
- [9:49] Liquidity Event
- [10:32] What questions should you ask your clients?
- [10:41] Sales Executives, Logo
- [11:11] Profitability, Customer Success
- [11:42] How much is it the process vs. the product?
- [12:05] RFP (Request for Proposal)
- [12:44] Customer Service
- [13:26] G2, Capterra, Accounting Software
- [13:40] What common mistakes do CEOs (Chief Executive Officers) make?
- [13:58] C-level, CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
- [14:50] Consulting
- [15:16] Management Principles
- [16:24] Shiny New Thing Syndrome or Shiny Object Syndrome
- [16:52] Community Building
- [17:25] Ken’s first podcast episode with Joey Knecht
- [18:01] Community powered marketing delivers a new world of sales growth. Learn more at Vesta-Go.com
- [18:17] What is Ken’s podcast?
- [18:29] SaaS Backwards – Reverse Engineering SaaS Success
- [19:50] Why did Ken start a podcast?
- [20:12] Blog Posts
- [20:58] Personal Brand
- [21:40] Vytas Kisielius Episode, ReferWell
- [22:01] Chalva Tchkotoua Episode
- [22:41] Founder
- [22:49] What does Business Manifestation mean?
- [23:32] Steve Jobs on Business Manifestation
- [24:09] EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System)
- [24:15] What the Heck Is EOS? by Gino Wickman & Tom Bouwer
- [25:06] Level 10 Meetings
- [26:51] Right Person, Right Seat
- [28:29] What positive story does Ken have to share?
- [28:42] Citibank, Art Director
- [30:31] Mentor
- [32:36] What final thoughts does Ken have?
- [32:56] OpenView, SaaS Capital, KeyBank
- [33:25] Connect with Ken at AustinLawrence.com and on LinkedIn
- [33:54] Thank you for listening! Subscribe to Happy Marketing Connection on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and more
- [34:03] Connect with Sue on LinkedIn or Twitter at @SueFrech, and Vesta-Go.com
- Theme Song: Hello (Extended Version) – Paul Werner – provided by Jamendo
Get More Happy Marketer Connection
Interested in hearing more episodes of Happy Marketer Connection? Access them all on Apple Podcasts.
About the Happy Marketer Connection Podcast
Welcome to Happy Marketer Connection. Marketers know it’s the connections we make – between ideas, people, and brands – that make all the difference. Each week, Happy Marketer Connection invites you to connect with our Co-Founder and CEO Sue Frech, Martech pioneer, and unfailing optimist, as she and her fellow passionate marketers explore engaging and inventive marketing strategies and toast brands making impactful consumer connections.