2020 was a year of making new connections. But how do you translate those digital links into meaningful relationships? Michael Neuendorff, President of Build and Balance, is an expert at LinkedIn and he shares best practices to enhance your digital brand and build lasting connections on this episode of Happy Marketer Connection podcast.
Hear how to connect with your audience, tips for optimizing your LinkedIn profile, how businesspeople connected before LinkedIn, how to stay dedicated to your work, and how Michael has kept his entrepreneurial spirit.
To listen on Apple Podcasts click here.
To listen on Spotify click here.
- [0:18] Sue Frech, Happy Marketer Connection, Vesta
- [1:00] Michael Neuendorff, President of Build and Balance
- Sue Frech interviewing Michael Neuendorff on CONNECTION
- [1:41] Executive Coach and Trainer, Podcast
- [2:08] What is Michael’s background?
- [2:31] Advertising, Copywriting, Media Placement, Sales
- [2:55] SoftBank, Oracle
- [3:33] How quickly did Michael see success as an entrepreneur?
- [4:14] Client
- [4:21] How do you become good at connection?
- [5:20] Tombstone, AZ
- [6:08] How did businesspeople connect before LinkedIn?
- [6:23] Trade Shows, Conferences, Marketing
- [7:31] Social Platform
- [7:39] How has LinkedIn evolved over the years?
- [8:29] B2B (Business-to-Business)
- [8:48] What trends are we seeing on LinkedIn?
- [9:01] Spokeo, Alignable, BranchOut
- [9:21] Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitter
- [10:04] Online Learning, Lynda, SlideShare
- [10:39] Content Marketing
- [11:03] Business Owners
- [11:21] Webinars
- [11:24] How do you optimize your LinkedIn profile?
- [11:32] Personal Brand
- [11:51] LinkedIn Blog Posts, LinkedIn News Feed
- [12:34] LinkedIn Background Image
- [13:04] LinkedIn Featured Section
- [13:36] Seth Godin
- [14:21] LinkedIn Voice Memo
- [14:51] How do you stay up to date on LinkedIn trends?
- [14:55] LinkedIn Emails, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Social Media Examiner
- [15:47] How does email outreach compare to LinkedIn outreach?
- [16:09] Video Email, BombBomb
- [17:07] Community Powered Marketing delivers a new world of sales growth. Learn more at Vesta-Go.com
- [17:22] What will happen when LinkedIn becomes too saturated?
- [17:54] YouTube
- [18:32] Live Video
- [18:45] Algorithm
- [19:01] How do you manage your prospects on LinkedIn?
- [20:19] Gary Player
- [21:34] Navy
- [22:18] CMO (Chief Marketing Officer), P&L (Profit-and-Loss Statement)
- [22:29] How do you use content to drive sales?
- [23:56] TED Talks
- [24:10] Thought Leader, Public Speaking
- [24:39] Sales Team
- [24:53] What is Michael’s coaching and training business?
- [25:04] Dale Carnegie Program
- [25:20] Toastmasters
- [25:33] Professional Development
- [25:55] Small Business Owners
- [26:03] PIP (Performance Improvement Plan)
- [27:06] Employees
- [27:19] Where does Michael specialize?
- [27:31] Emotional Intelligence
- [27:45] World Economic Forum, Silicon Valley
- [28:01] IQ vs. EQ
- [28:31] Sales Trainers, Sales Coaches
- [28:45] Jim Rohn
- [29:00] ROI (Return on Investment)
- [29:12] Does Michael personalize his approach to each client?
- [29:32] Solopreneur, Fortune 500
- [30:20] Who is the right client for Michael?
- [31:06] DiSC Assessment
- [31:52] What positive story does Michael have to share?
- [32:08] Pandemic
- [32:12] 2008 Recession
- [33:36] Luxury Business
- [33:49] Starbucks
- [34:45] What final thoughts does Michael have?
- [35:46] Connect with Michael on LinkedIn, YouTube, and com
- [36:38] Thank you for listening! Subscribe to Happy Marketing Connection on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and more
- [36:45] Connect with Sue on LinkedIn or Twitter at @SueFrech, and Vesta-Go.com
- Theme Song: Hello (Extended Version) – Paul Werner – provided by Jamendo
About the Happy Marketer Connection Podcast
Michael Neuendorff, President, Build and Balance
Michael Neuendorff has a background of 25+ years of experience in providing business building services to business owners, executives and professionals to take their businesses and careers to new levels of success. He is certified as an executive coach, professional certified coach, sales trainer, and public speaking coach to deliver the best experiences for his clients.
Host: Sue Frech, Founder and CEO, Vesta
Sue has spent her career redefining digital marketing in brand and retail marketing, Martech, and advertising, at brands such as Kraft and Glaxo-SmithKline. She is committed to creating fellow Happy Marketers through Vesta’s all-in-one online community building software, transforming the relationships between brands and consumers with Community Powered Marketing.