Have you checked out the latest episode of Happy Marketer Connection podcast? After our excellent conversations with Dawn Dobras of Credo Beauty and Marlea Clark of Stella Rising, we’re chatting with Gina Bonafede, the Director of Marketing for DAS Companies, about making connections.
Gina Bonafede, the Director of Marketing for DAS Companies, joins Happy Marketer Connection to discuss Connection Marketing. Hear how DAS built an online community of passionate truck drivers, why you always need to focus on the customer, how online communities build connections between brands and customers, crafting your messaging during challenging times, and Gina’s favorite happy hour treats.
- 3:32 – Connection Marketing – Gina’s approach to staying connected to her audience through her online community during the COVID-19 pandemic has paid off in increased engagement metrics.
- 5:45 – How to Get Your Messaging Right – Marketers want to be careful not to over-communicate or focus on things that their consumers are hearing everywhere else. Gina’s online community marketing has helped her identify brand advocates and influencers who can share the content they are looking for and provide valuable feedback.
- 7:00 – The Value Exchange – Consumers are willing to share but they want to feel appreciated. From product sampling and testing to establishing a loyalty program, Gina finds ways to let her consumers know their information and feedback is valued.
- 13:51 – Vesta Peer Influencers’ Smiley360 Community Member question – The members of Vesta’s Smiley360 peer influencer network wanted to ask Gina “How are you supporting customers during this time?” – Gina shares the ways that she and her team are protecting their audience during the COVID-19 crisis and supporting these crucial front line workers.
- 18:48 – Community Powered Marketing – Gina shares how DAS’s online community marketing has provided a real impact to the brand’s ability to build connections with their consumers.
- 20:03 – Advice for Brands Thinking About Building Their Own Community – From building and nurturing relationships, to gaining input and feedback, and differentiating your brand, Gina shares why she believes online community marketing is the right move to ensure your audience knows they matter to your brand.
About the Happy Marketer Connection Podcast
Gina Bonafede, Director of Marketing, DAS Companies
Gina Bonafede is the Director of Marketing for DAS Companies. With a customer-first approach to connection marketing, Gina has lead initiatives for DAS that have led to the development of dynamic and positive brand-consumer relationships that have been pivotal for the company.
Host: Sue Frech, Founder and CEO, Vesta
Sue has spent her career redefining digital marketing in brand and retail marketing, Martech, and advertising, at brands such as Kraft and Glaxo-SmithKline. She is committed to creating fellow Happy Marketers through Vesta’s all-in-one online community building software, transforming the relationships between brands and consumers with Community Powered Marketing.