As you look to the year ahead, how can you ensure success in your business and life? Ken Lempit believes that “Business Manifestation” is the key. He shares the ways to manifest success and grow your business in 2021 on this episode of Happy Marketer Connection podcast.
Hear how to manifest success in your business and life, lower your churn rate, the most common mistakes CEOs make, how to grow as a SaaS company, and Ken’s transition from the corporate world to his family business.
Thank you for listening to Happy Marketer Connection! Stay tuned for our new podcast which will focus on Community Powered Marketing – coming in Q1 2021.
- [0:16] Sue Frech, Happy Marketer Connection, Vesta
- [0:59] Ken Lempit, President of Austin Lawrence Group
- [1:34] Thank you for listening to Happy Marketer Connection! Stay tuned for our new podcast which will focus on Community Powered Marketing – coming in Q1 2021
- Sue Frech interviewing Ken Lempit on BUSINESS MANIFESTATION
- [2:43] Business Manifestation
- [2:52] What is Ken’s background?
- [2:57] Marketing, Citicorp, IBM, Family Business, B2B Advertising Agency (Business-to-Business)
- [3:14] Programmer
- [3:35] Content Marketing, Software as a Service (SaaS)
- [3:56] Was Ken’s business always focused on SaaS?
- [4:55] At what stage would a business work with him?
- [5:10] Churn, Sales
- [5:58] Venture Capital (VC), Funding, Entrepreneurs
- [7:07] Pandemic
- [7:35] How much should you look at revenue churn?
- [9:00] Investors
- [9:20] Product Management, Operations
- [9:49] Liquidity Event
- [10:32] What questions should you ask your clients?
- [10:41] Sales Executives, Logo
- [11:11] Profitability, Customer Success
- [11:42] How much is it the process vs. the product?
- [12:05] RFP (Request for Proposal)
- [12:44] Customer Service
- [13:26] G2, Capterra, Accounting Software
- [13:40] What common mistakes do CEOs (Chief Executive Officers) make?
- [13:58] C-level, CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
- [14:50] Consulting
- [15:16] Management Principles
- [16:24] Shiny New Thing Syndrome or Shiny Object Syndrome
- [16:52] Community Building
- [17:25] Ken’s first podcast episode with Joey Knecht
- [18:01] Community powered marketing delivers a new world of sales growth. Learn more at Vesta-Go.com
- [18:17] What is Ken’s podcast?
- [18:29] SaaS Backwards – Reverse Engineering SaaS Success
- [19:50] Why did Ken start a podcast?
- [20:12] Blog Posts
- [20:58] Personal Brand
- [21:40] Vytas Kisielius Episode, ReferWell
- [22:01] Chalva Tchkotoua Episode
- [22:41] Founder
- [22:49] What does Business Manifestation mean?
- [23:32] Steve Jobs on Business Manifestation
- [24:09] EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System)
- [24:15] What the Heck Is EOS? by Gino Wickman & Tom Bouwer
- [25:06] Level 10 Meetings
- [26:51] Right Person, Right Seat
- [28:29] What positive story does Ken have to share?
- [28:42] Citibank, Art Director
- [30:31] Mentor
- [32:36] What final thoughts does Ken have?
- [32:56] OpenView, SaaS Capital, KeyBank
- [33:25] Connect with Ken at AustinLawrence.com and on LinkedIn
- [33:54] Thank you for listening! Subscribe to Happy Marketing Connection on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and more
- [34:03] Connect with Sue on LinkedIn or Twitter at @SueFrech, and Vesta-Go.com
- Theme Song: Hello (Extended Version) – Paul Werner – provided by Jamendo
Guest: Ken Lempit, President, Austin Lawrence Group
More than two decades of experience in advertising, public relations and marketing for clients from pre-launch to Global 50 in size have helped Ken to emerge as a recognized expert in the art and science of B2B marketing. As president of Austin Lawrence Group, he repositioned the boutique agency from traditional integrated marketing communications to services focused on driving opportunity via the web: strategy consulting, inbound marketing and creative implementation.
Host: Sue Frech, Founder and CEO, Vesta
Sue has spent her career redefining digital marketing in brand and retail marketing, Martech, and advertising, at brands such as Kraft and Glaxo-SmithKline. She is committed to creating fellow Happy Marketers through Vesta’s all-in-one online community building software, transforming the relationships between brands and consumers with Community Powered Marketing.