In this week’s podcast, Happy Marketer Connection welcomes Chris Pyne, the founder and President of Junction 37, to discuss the theme of values. Chris shared a lot of value (forgive us, we couldn’t resist) in talking about his agency and his commitment to achieving social good as well as a profit.
Hear from Chris how to establish strong company values and maintain discipline as part of your company culture, as well as the eye-opening moment in year one that solidified his belief in chasing the passion and not the dollars. Chris also shares the traits he looks for when hiring, and his approach to the “real interview” – the first 3-6 months on the job. And learn about his journey to starting his own agency, as well as the ways he is helping brands on their journey, especially during this time of monumental change.
- [0:14] Welcome from Sue Frech, moderator of Happy Marketer Connection and Co-founder and President of Vesta
- [0:37] Chris Pyne, Founder and President of Junction 37
- [1:45] What prompted Chris to start his own agency?
- [4:00] How do you redirect your clients to have messaging that’s true to their brand values?
- [5:42] What discipline do you need to do the right thing as a brand?
- [7:25] Question from Vesta Peer Influencers’ Smiley360 community: How do you hire the right people to make a great team?
- [9:49] Entrepreneurship
- [11:04] Donkey Work
- [12:11] Is entrepreneurial spirit something you can train?
- [13:31] Where did the name Junction 37 come from?
- [14:32] Data
- [14:37] Community Powered Marketing delivers a new world of sales growth. Learn more at Vesta-Go.com
- [15:17] Marketers
- [15:25] How do you help clients navigate communication during challenging times?
- [17:04] Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- [18:08] What positive story does Chris have to end with?
- [18:50] Open source
- [19:30] Facebook Ads
- [21:48] Thank you for listening! Subscribe to Happy Marketing Connection on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more
- [22:00] Connect with Sue on LinkedIn or Twitter at @SueFrech, and Vesta-Go.com
Chris Pyne, Founder and President, Junction37
Chris Pyne is the founder and President of Junction 37, a full service performance agency, born out of media, delivering billion dollar thinking for million dollars brands. With over 20 years of experience in media, Chris has extensive knowledge on what brands today are looking for and he has committed his agency to achieving social good as well as a profit.
Host: Sue Frech, Founder and CEO, Vesta
Sue has spent her career redefining digital marketing in brand and retail marketing, Martech, and advertising, at brands such as Kraft and Glaxo-SmithKline. She is committed to creating fellow Happy Marketers through Vesta’s all-in-one online community building software, transforming the relationships between brands and consumers with Community Powered Marketing.