In this week’s podcast, Happy Marketer Connection welcomes Chris Pyne, the founder and President of Junction 37, to discuss the theme of values. Chris shared a lot of value (forgive us, we couldn’t resist) in talking about his agency and his commitment to achieving social good as well as a profit.
Happy Marketer Connection Episode 6
Chris Pyne, Founder & President, Junction 37
Hear from Chris how to establish strong company values and maintain discipline as part of your company culture, as well as the eye-opening moment in year one that solidified his belief in chasing the passion and not the dollars. Chris also shares the traits he looks for when hiring, and his approach to the “real interview” – the first 3-6 months on the job. And learn about his journey to starting his own agency, as well as the ways he is helping brands on their journey, especially during this time of monumental change.
- [0:14] Welcome from Sue Frech, moderator of Happy Marketer Connection and Co-founder and President of Vesta
- [0:37] Chris Pyne, Founder and President of Junction 37
- [1:45] What prompted Chris to start his own agency?
- [4:00] How do you redirect your clients to have messaging that’s true to their brand values?
- [5:42] What discipline do you need to do the right thing as a brand?
- [7:25] Question from Vesta Peer Influencers’ Smiley360 community: How do you hire the right people to make a great team?
- [9:49] Entrepreneurship
- [11:04] Donkey Work
- [12:11] Is entrepreneurial spirit something you can train?
- [13:31] Where did the name Junction 37 come from?
- [14:32] Data
- [14:37] Community Powered Marketing delivers a new world of sales growth. Learn more at Vesta-Go.com
- [15:17] Marketers
- [15:25] How do you help clients navigate communication during challenging times?
- [17:04] Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- [18:08] What positive story does Chris have to end with?
- [18:50] Open source
- [19:30] Facebook Ads
- [21:48] Thank you for listening! Subscribe to Happy Marketing Connection on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more
- [22:00] Connect with Sue on LinkedIn or Twitter at @SueFrech, and Vesta-Go.com
Want to Learn More?
To learn more about Junction 37 and how to establish strong company values, check out the following:
Get More Happy Marketer Connection
Check out previous episodes and subscribe on Apple Podcasts:
Episode 1: Welcome to Happy Marketer Connection with Guest Marlea Clark, CMO of Stella Rising on “Evolution”
Episode 2: Dawn Dobras, CEO of Credo Beauty on “Champion”
Episode 3: Gina Bonafede, Director of Marketing at DAS Companies on “Connection Marketing”
Episode 4: Tom Deierlein, Co-Founder and CEO, Thundercat Technology on “Grit”
Episode 5: Michele Muhammad, CMO of DSE Healthcare on “Transformational Marketing”
About the Happy Marketer Connection Podcast
Welcome to Happy Marketer Connection. Marketers know it’s the connections we make – between ideas, people, and brands – that make all the difference. Each week, Happy Marketer Connection invites you to connect with our Co-Founder and CEO Sue Frech, Martech pioneer, and unfailing optimist, as she and her fellow passionate marketers explore engaging and inventive marketing strategies and toast brands making impactful consumer connections.