Have you checked out the latest episode of Happy Marketer Connection podcast? After our excellent conversations with Dawn Dobras of Credo Beauty and Marlea Clark of Stella Rising, we’re chatting with Gina Bonafede, the Director of Marketing for DAS Companies, about making connections.
Happy Marketer Connection Episode 3
Gina Bonafede, the Director of Marketing for DAS Companies
Theme “CONNECTION MARKETING”
Gina Bonafede, the Director of Marketing for DAS Companies, joins Happy Marketer Connection to discuss Connection Marketing. Hear how DAS built an online community of passionate truck drivers, why you always need to focus on the customer, how online communities build connections between brands and customers, crafting your messaging during challenging times, and Gina’s favorite happy hour treats.
- 3:32 – Connection Marketing – Gina’s approach to staying connected to her audience through her online community during the COVID-19 pandemic has paid off in increased engagement metrics.
- 5:45 – How to Get Your Messaging Right – Marketers want to be careful not to over-communicate or focus on things that their consumers are hearing everywhere else. Gina’s online community marketing has helped her identify brand advocates and influencers who can share the content they are looking for and provide valuable feedback.
- 7:00 – The Value Exchange – Consumers are willing to share but they want to feel appreciated. From product sampling and testing to establishing a loyalty program, Gina finds ways to let her consumers know their information and feedback is valued.
- 13:51 – Vesta Peer Influencers’ Smiley360 Community Member question – The members of Vesta’s Smiley360 peer influencer network wanted to ask Gina “How are you supporting customers during this time?” – Gina shares the ways that she and her team are protecting their audience during the COVID-19 crisis and supporting these crucial front line workers.
- 18:48 – Community Powered Marketing – Gina shares how DAS’s online community marketing has provided a real impact to the brand’s ability to build connections with their consumers.
- 20:03 – Advice for Brands Thinking About Building Their Own Community – From building and nurturing relationships, to gaining input and feedback, and differentiating your brand, Gina shares why she believes online community marketing is the right move to ensure your audience knows they matter to your brand.
Want to Learn More?
To explore the concept of Connection Marketing and ways to build your consumer relationships during the COVID-19 crisis, we recommend the following resources:
- The Rise of Connection Marketing; Four Ways to Engage With Your Consumer Community During the COVID-19 Crisis
- [STUDY] Predicting Brand Staying Power Through the COVID-19 Crisis and Beyond
- [STUDY] How to Elevate Consumer Brand Sentiment During the COVID-19 Crisis and Beyond
Get More Happy Marketer Connection
Check out previous episodes and subscribe on Apple Podcasts:
Episode 1: Welcome to Happy Marketer Connection with Guest Marlea Clark, CMO of Stella Rising on “Evolution”
Episode 2: Dawn Dobras, CEO of Credo Beauty on “Champion”
About the Happy Marketer Connection Podcast
Welcome to Happy Marketer Connection. Marketers know it’s the connections we make – between ideas, people, and brands – that make all the difference. Each week, Happy Marketer Connection invites you to connect with our Co-Founder and CEO Sue Frech, Martech pioneer, and unfailing optimist, as she and her fellow passionate marketers explore engaging and inventive marketing strategies and toast brands making impactful consumer connections.